DOWNLOAD ALL RECIPES AS A PDF >
Choc-Banana Protein Smoothie (serves 1)
Per serve: 338cal/ 30g protein/ 27g carbohydrate/ 12g fat
- 1 cup Vitasoy unsweetened almond milk(or regular skim milk)
- 30g Raw Amazonia protein powder(or protein powder of choice)
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1 Medjool date
- 1 dessert spoon of oat bran*
- 2tsp cacao powder
- 1 dessert spoon of LSA
Combine all ingredients in a high -speed blender
Male adaptation: Add 30g rolled oats to the recipe.
– Per serve: 442cal/ 34g protein/ 41g carbohydrates/ 15g fat
*GF option: swap oat bran for 1 heaped tsp psyllium husk or chia seeds
High Protein Pancake (serves 1)
Per serve: 350cal/ 18g protein/ 37g carbohydrate/ 12g fat
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbs Chobani plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1 dessert spoon of LSA
- 1 dessert spoon of oat bran*
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Toppings: dollop of Chobani plain Greek yoghurt, fresh/frozen berries, honey (optional)
- Mash the banana in a bowl, then add whisked egg and remaining ingredients.
- Pour entire mixture into a greased pan over medium heat. Cook on each side for approx. 5 minutes
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, 1 tsp honey and fresh/frozen berries (optional)
Note: nutrition information includes toppings
*GF option: swap oat bran for almond meal
Taco Bowl Salad (serves 6)
Per serve: 355cal/30g protein/ 27g carbohydrates/ 12g fat
- 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning or Mexican seasoning
- 1tbs dried oregano
- 300g sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-2″ cubes (unpeeled)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g grams extra lean mince beef
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, either from can or 2 ears of corn (shucked and kernels removed from ear)
- 1 punnetof cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional additional garnishes: sliced spring onion, chopped coriander leaves, lime wedge, dollop of natural yoghurt
- Prepare sweet potato: Preheat oven to 200° C. In a small bowl mix together spice mix and oregano. Toss sweet potatoes pieces with oil and half the seasoning mixture from the small bowl. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook beef over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Add beans and remaining seasoning mixture from the small bowl. Toss to fully coat beans and beef with seasoning. Continue to cook until beans are heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the other ingredients – slice the tomatoes and avocado, shred the spinach, prepare the coriander leaves/spring onion (if using).
- Separate each ingredient into 6 portions, then store until ready to assemble. Assemble your salad and serve with a lime wedge and natural yoghurt.
Male adaptation: Add x1 Sunrice Microwave cup of basmati rice per serve.
– Per serve: 531cal/ 34g protein/ 60g carbohydrates/ 14g fat
Easy Peasy Turkey Rissoles (serves 3 (W) and 2 (M))
Per serve: 410cal/ 30g protein/ 40g carbohydrates/ 15g fat
- 6x Steggles turkey rissoles
- 1 tspn olive oil
- 3x Birdseye steam fresh quinoa and vegetable grain blend pouches*
- 3x Birds Eye individual serve frozen vegetable pouches
- 3 tbs Ayam sweet chilli sauce Light
- Heat olive oil in a frypan
- Cook turkey rissoles for approximately 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Steam quinoa and vegetable blend, and frozen vegetable pouches in the microwave according to packet instructions
- Serve with 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
Note: The frozen vegetables and quinoa pouches are used for convenience. Feel free to make your own steamed vegetables (1.5 cup per serve) and cooked quinoa (3/4 cup cooked per serve).
For GF option: swap Birdseye steam fresh quinoa and vegetable grain blend pouches for Birdseye steam fresh rice with Mediterranean vegetables. Steggles rissoles are gluten free.
Male adaptation: Serve with three turkey rissoles instead of two, plus one pouch of vegetables and one pouch of quinoa blend per serve.
– Per serve: 508cal/ 42g protein/ 43g carbohydrates/ 149g fat
Healthy Fish and Sweet Potato Chips (serves 2)
Per serve: 348cal/ 35g protein/ 26g carbohydrates/ 11g fat
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- X2 150g firm white fish fillet, such as flathead or whiting
- 2 tbs oat bran* or GF cornflour
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites) lightly whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs or Dukkah
- 1 lemon, zested
- 300g sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lemon wedges, to serve
- 300g mixed salad leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. To make chips, toss sweet potato wedges with 2 tsp oil in a bowl to coat, then spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp and browned.
- If making batter, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat remaining 1-2 tsp oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Coat fish pieces in the batter (if using) and cook for a few minutes on each side, being careful not to overcook.
- Serve fish immediately with sweet potato chips, a wedge of lemon, and salad leaves.
GF: Use GF cornflour
Easy Chicken and Sweet Chilli Stir Fry (serves 4)
Per serve: 425cal/ 45g protein/ 36g carbohydrate/ 10g fat
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into stir fry strips or chunks
- 2 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce*
- 2 tablespoon Ayamsweet chilli sauce Light
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Gourmet Garden Ginger paste or fresh ginger
- 2tsp olive oil
- 850g bag of frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables.
Option of using fresh vegetables e.g. broccoli, snow peas, bok choy, carrot, baby corn, green beans etc
- 2 microwave cup of basmati or brown rice (or 2 cup of fresh cooked basmati rice), to serve
- Place chicken in a bowl. Combine soy sauce, sweet chilliand ginger. Pour soy marinade into dish with chicken to coat. If time permits, leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving soy marinade. Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and 1tsp olive oil to pan; cook for 3–4 minutes per side, or until chicken is just cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium–high heat. Add frozen vegies and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until defrosted. Add reserved soy marinade and toss until almost cooked. Toss chicken through vegies to warm through.Serve with ½ microwave cup basmati/brown rice
Male adaptation: Serve with a full cup of microwave basmati rice instead of half a cup
– Per serve: 565cal/ 48g protein/ 62g carbohydrates/ 13g fat
*For GF option: ensure soy sauce is gluten free (i.e. Tamari).