DOWNLOAD ALL RECIPES AS A PDF >
Vegetarian Taco Bowl salad (serves 6)
Per serve: 390cal/22g protein/ 43g carbohydrates/ 10g fat
- 1-2 tbsp taco seasoning or Mexican seasoning
- 300g sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-2″ cubes (unpeeled)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1x 400g can black beans and 1x 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1x 400g tin corn
- 1 punnetof cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional additional garnishes: sliced spring onion, chopped coriander leaves, lime wedge, dollop of natural yoghurt
- Prepare sweet potato: Preheat oven to 200° C. In a small bowl mix together spice mix and oregano. Toss sweet potatoes pieces with oil and half the seasoning mixture from the small bowl. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add beans and remaining seasoning mixture from the small bowl to a pan. Toss to fully coat beans and beef with seasoning. Continue to cook until beans are heated through.
- Prepare all the other ingredients – slice the tomatoes and avocado, shred the spinach, prepare the coriander leaves/spring onion (if using).
- Separate each ingredient into 6 portions, then store until ready to assemble. Assemble your salad and serve with a lime wedge and natural yoghurt.
Male adaptation: Add 1x Sunrice Microwave cup of basmati rice per serve
Per serve: 566cal/ 22g protein/ 56g carbohydrate/ 12g fat
Choc-banana Protein Smoothie (Serves 1)
Per serve: 338cal/ 30g protein/ 27g carbohydrate/ 12g fat
- 1 cup Vitasoy unsweetened almond milk(or regular skim milk)
- 30g Raw Amazonia protein powder(or protein powder of choice)
- ½ cup frozen banana
- 1 Medjool date
- 1 dessert spoon of oat bran*
- 2tsp cacao powder
- ½ tbs LSA
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender
Male adaptation: Add 30g rolled oats to the recipe.
Per serve: 442cal/ 34g protein/ 41g carbohydrate/ 15g fat
*GF option: swap oat bran for psyllium husk or almond meal
Easy Peasy Veggie patties (Serves 4)
Per serve: 405cal/ 15g protein/ 72g carbohydrates/ 5g fat
- 4x Australian Eat Well veggie burger patties
- 1 tspn olive oil
- 4x Birdseye steam fresh quinoa and vegetable grain blend pouches*
- 4x Birds Eye individual serve frozen vegetable pouches
- 2 tblspn Ayam sweet chili sauce Light
- Heat olive oil in a frypan
- Cook vegetable patties for approximately 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning while cooking
- Steam quinoa and vegetable blend in the microwave according to packet instructions
- Serve with 1 tblspn sweet chili sauce
*For GF option: swap Birdseye steam fresh quinoa and vegetable grain blend pouches for Birdseye steam fresh rice with Mediterranean vegetables
Za’atar spiced chickpeas with roast vegetables and quinoa (serves 2)
Per serve: 380cal/ 18g protein/ 43g carbohydrate/ 12g fat
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200g butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 large red onion, quartered and peeled
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced thickly
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, sliced thickly
- 200g baby carrots, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2x 125g tin of chickpeas
- 1 tbs Za’atar OR Dukkah (i.e. Table of Plenty brand in supermarkets)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (or apple cider)
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 300g fresh salad greens, to serve
- Cook quinoa according to packet direction. Note – 1/3 cup dry quinoa = 1 cup cooked.
- Preheat oven to 220o Cut pumpkin (unpeeled) into thin wedges, then cut in half horizontally. Prick pumpkin with a knife, to speed up cooking process. Place onion, pumpkin, capsicums and carrot in a single layer on a large baking tray lined with baking paper (use two trays if you can’t have a single layer of vegetables). Drizzle with 1-2tbs olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40min until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, drained, with a drizzle of olive oil and the Za’atar/Dukkah. Add to the vegetable baking tray in the remaining 15 minutes of cooking. Stir through the vegetables and return to the oven for remaining 15 minutes
- When ready, divide vegetables between 4, sprinkle with cheese
- Serve each portion with half a cup of quinoa and a handful of fresh salad greens
Male adaptation: Serve with 1 full cup of cooked quinoa per serve (instead of 1/2 cup per serve)
Per serve: 476cal/ 22g protein/ 58g carbohydrate/ 14g fat
High protein pancake (serves 1)
Per serve: 350cal/ 18g protein/ 37g carbohydrate/ 12g fat
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 dessert spoons Chobani 0.5% plain yoghurt
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- ½ tbs LSA
- ½ tbs oat bran*
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Toppings: dollop of Chobani 0.5% plain yoghurt,
- 1 tsp honey, berries
- Mash the banana in a bowl, then add whisked egg and remaining ingredients.
- Pour entire mixture into a greased pan over medium heat. Cook on each side for approx. 5 minute.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, 1 tsp honey and fresh/frozen berries (optional)
Note: nutrition information includes toppings
*GF option: swap oat bran for almond meal
Tofu Sweet Chili stir fry (serves 4)
Per serve: 421cal/ 23g protein/ 36g carbohydrate/ 18g fat
- 350g firm Tofu
- 2 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce *
- 2 tablespoon Ayamsweet chilli sauce Light
- 2 teaspoon of Gourmet Garden Ginger paste or fresh ginger
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 800g of frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables. Option of using fresh vegetables e.g. broccoli, snow peas, bok choy, carrot, baby corn, green beans etc
- 80g cashew nuts
- 2 microwave cup of basmati rice (or 1 cup of fresh cooked basmati rice), to serve
Male adaptation: Serve with a full cup of microwave basmati rice instead of half a cup
Per serve: 561cal/ 24g protein/ 62g carbohydrate/ 21g fat
*For GF option: ensure soy sauce is gluten free (i.e Tamari)
- Place tofu in a bowl. Combine soy sauce, sweet chilliand ginger. Pour soy marinade into dish with tofu to coat. If time permits, leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain tofu, reserving soy marinade. Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and 1tsp olive oil to pan; cook for 3–4 minutes per side, or until chicken is just cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium–high heat. Add frozen vegies and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until defrosted. Add reserved soy marinade and toss until almost cooked. Toss chicken through vegies to warm through.Sprinkle with cashews.
- Serve with basmati rice