DOWNLOAD THE BELOW AS A PDF >
French toast (Serves 1)
Per serve: 376cal/ 25g protein/ 55g carbohydrate/ 4g fat
- 1 egg
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 2x regular thin sliced wholemeal bread*
- ½ cup chobani natural greek yoghurt
- ½ cup berries
- tablespoon of honey
- Combine egg and milk in a bowl
- Dip the bread in the milk and egg mixture and make sure bread is totally covered in mixture
- Transfer bread to a pan and cook on both sides for a few minutes or until browning
- Remove from pan
- Add yoghurt, berries and sprinkle honey and cinnamon on top and serve
- Add yoghurt, berries and sprinkle honey and cinnamon on top and serve
Male adaptation: Serve with a 1 banana and ¾ cup yoghurt
– Per serve: 500cal/ 35g protein/ 78g carbohydrates/ 5g fat
*For GF option: use gluten free bread instead of wholemeal bread
Tofu and egg noodle stir fry (serves 6)
Per serve: 390cal/ 27g protein/ 23g carbohydrate/ 19g fat
- 500g firm Tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce*
- 3 tablespoon mirin*
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated (or ½ tsp ginger paste)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Chilliflakes (add to desired amount)
- 300g egg noodles*(i.e. 2x Obento Ramen noodles)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 150g asparagus
- Half a 400g tin of baby corn, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, to garnish
- 80g roasted cashews, to serve
* For GF options: Ensure brands of soy-sauce and mirin are gluten free. Swap egg noodles for gluten-free vermicelli noodles – this will reduce protein content
- Place tofu in a large ovenproof dish. Combine soy sauce, mirin, ginger, garlic and chilliflakes in a small bowl. Pour soy marinade into dish and leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse egg noodles under cold running water to separate, then set aside.
- Drain tofu, reserving soy marinade. Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and 1tsp olive oil to pan; cook for 5-7 minutes or until tofu is just cooked. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium–high heat. Add green vegies and baby corn and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add reserved soy marinade and lemon juice with 1 tablespoon water; toss. Cover frying pan and steam for 1 minute, or until green veg are tender yet crisp. Toss noodles through vegies.
- Divide noodles and veg among serving bowls; top with tofu, garnish with cashews and coriander and serve.
Zucchini Mushroom Frittata (Serves 3)
Per serve: 276cal/ 23g protein/ 3g carbohydrate/ 19g fat
- Olive oil spray
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 300g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh parsley
- 1 1/2tbs fresh mint
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 75g feta, crumbled
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and spray with oil. Sautegarlic, zucchini and mushrooms for a few minutes until softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, then pour mixture into pan. Top with feta and cook for a few minutes until set.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Male adaptation: Add 1 slice of burgen bread per serve
Per serve: 352cal/29g protein/16g carbohydrate/22g fat
Healthy Vegetarian Pizza (serves 2)
Per serve: 300cal/ 15g protein/ 25g carbohydrate/ 14g fat
- 2 small wholemeal pita bread*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium capsicum, or ¼ each of tri-coloured capsicums, chopped
- 2 thin slice of red onion, chopped
- 4 tbs button mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoon dried Oregano, plus 1tsp extra
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons low fat cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 40g crushed cashews
*For GF options: Use gluten free wraps
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and position rack in middle of the oven.
- Heat large nonstick frypan, brushed with olive oil and add onionand capsicum. Cook until soft and slightly charred about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
- Mix tomato paste with 1tsp oregano in a small bowl.
- Place pita breads on baking paper lined oven tray, smooth the tomato mix over base, sprinkle with half the parmesan and then arrange grilled vegetables in a single layer over the sauce.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until edges of pita are crispy.
- Serve with sprinkling of the remaining parmesan, oregano and sweet paprika, cut into slices.
Homemade Toasted Muesli (serve ¼ cup -W, or ½ cup -M)
Per serve (¼ cup Muesli with 200g Chobani 0.5% Greek yoghurt):
260cal/ 23g Protein/ 22g carbohydrate/ 7.5g fat
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2tbs each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup shaved coconut
- ¼ cup each of chopped almonds and macadamias
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dessert spoon of honey
- 1/4 cup each of diced dried apricot and apple, and raisins
- 1 cup All Bran cereal
- 200g low fat Greek yoghurt per serve
- Preheat oven to 150°C. With your hands, combine oats, seeds, coconut and almonds in a bowl with olive oil and honey. Spread mixture onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from tray and allow to cool.
- Stir through muesli mix the dried fruit and All Bran. Store in an airtight container
Male adaptation; Use ½ cup muesli per serve
Per serve: 399 cal/26g protein/36g carbohydrate/14g fat
Convenience option: We recommend using ¼ cup (W) or ½ cup (M) Carmen’s Original fruit free muesli with 1tbs trail mix
For GF option: use ¼ cup Food for Health fruit free clusters (or ½ cup for men), adding 1tbs trail mix per serve
Tofu and Lentil Cakes (serves 2)
Per serve: 336 cal/ 29g protein/ 21g carbohydrate/ 14g fat
- 150g firm tofu
- 200g tin lentils, well rinsed
- 1/2 red onion
- 50g low-fat cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup rolled oats*
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Italian dried herbs
- 1/4 tsp chilliflakes
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tbs mixed seeds, blitzed to a rough crumb
- 2tbs Pilpel Hummus, to serve
- Handful of Asian coleslaw (pre-packed from supermarket), dressed with lemon juice and ½ tsp olive oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients (except sunflower seeds and tzatziki) in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine.
- Refrigerate mixture for around 30 minutes to chill.
- Divide mixture into 4 and mouldinto patties. Roll in sunflower seeds.
- Place on lined baking tray, spray lightly with oiland bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and firm. Serve with hummus and green salad
*For GF options: swap rolled oats for Freedom Foods gluten free muesli and/or Freedom Foods gluten free crafted blends OR Blitz gluten free bread to make breadcrumbs.
Vegetarian Lasagne (serves 4)
Per serve: 323cal/ 15g protein/ 55g carbohydrates/ 4g fat
- 4 San Remo wholemeal lasagneSheets*
- Quarter Jap pumpkin
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup low fat grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 jar pasta sauce (i.e. Five Brothers Tomato Basil)
- Handful of mixed salad leaves, dressed with lemon juice, to serve
For GF option: use San remo gluten free lasagne sheets, and GF tomato-based pasta sauce
- Slice the eggplant and pumpkin into 2cm thick slices, keep or remove the pumpkin skin according to your preference. Line up on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper, and cook at 180 degrees in the oven for 20 minutes, or until starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce mix, heat a large pan on the stove with olive oil. Dice the onion and zucchini. Add the onion to the pan first. When it starts to soften, add the zucchini. When both vegetables start to soften, add tinned tomatoes and pasta sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin and eggplant from the oven. In your chosen lasagnedish, layer first the sauce mix, then the pumpkin, then the lasagna (you will need two lasagna sheets side by side to create a single layer). Repeat, using eggplant instead of pumpkin. Top the second layer of lasagna sheet with remaining sauce (if you run out, use remaining bottled pasta sauce).
- Sprinkle with low fat grated cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese in golden. Serve with salad leaves and lemon juice